ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Combining Knowledge- and Data-driven Methods for De-identification of Clinical Narratives
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2015 17:52:34 GMT
Ted- Welcome to the community!
I think this would be a great enhancement.
Jay- I think the BigTop folks did a lot with the smoke and integration tests... Do you how
they did it? Something we can reuse?
--Pei

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Strall [mailto:tstrall@yahoo.com.INVALID]
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2015 12:31 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: Combining Knowledge- and Data-driven Methods for De-identification of Clinical
Narratives

I would be interested in helping to develop / maintain a regression testing framework for
that.
I'm new to ctakes (and just recently started stalking the dev mailing list) but I've been
a software engineer for 20 years and have done a lot of framework automation stuff that will
probably be required. As I write this, I am working on an automated integration test that
will run on Jenkins that fires up and load an h2 database, a solr instance, an in-house indexing
pipeline and an in-house search service, indexes 10k documents and executes and evaluates
some canned queries before shutting itself down.
I'm also working on a MS in Predictive Analytics and I am interested in applying machine learning
and NLP to medical informatics, so I would welcome the chance to get dirty with that side
of stuff, also.