ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Annotator POSTagger.xml
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2015 14:57:57 GMT
Matie,
That looks to be a discrepancy.
My suggestion would be to remove: POSTagger.xml from the Chunker project and anywhere else
as it is confusing.  (I think these 'mini' pipelines were there when we supported those PEAR
file deployments)
Would you mind double checking to see what the defaults are for those parameters?  If memory
serves me correctly, I don't think TagDictionary is used anymore when we upgraded to the latest
version of OpenNLP and it's most likely that some old descriptors were not updated.
Feel free to create a Jira to track it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Maite Meseure Hugues [mailto:meseure.maite@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2015 10:50 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Annotator POSTagger.xml

Hi everyone,

I explored the POS tagger component guide and the readme file which both describe the annotator
called POSTagger.xml. It looks like it should have 3 parameters:
PosModelFile, TagDictionary and CaseSensitive.

This description matches with POSTagger.xml under ctakes-chunker/desc, but POSTagger.xml under
ctakes-pos-tagger/desc has only the first parameter, ( this last directory is used in AggregatePlaintextUmlsProcessor.xml
and AggregatePlaintextFastUmlsProcessor.xml ).

Does this make a difference when running the pipeline?

Thank you for your time,

Maite