ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: UmlsConcept subject
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 19:00:45 GMT
Tomasz,
Yes, please please feel free to open a Jira ticket for this. Also, Be sure to include the
version of the cTAKES and pipeline you're using.
It is possible that the new Subject Classifier isn't classifying this...

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomasz Oliwa [mailto:oliwa@uchicago.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 2:50 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: UmlsConcept subject

Hi,

I think there is a regression in the way cTAKES discovers the subject status ("patient", "familiy_member",
etc.) of an UmlsConcept. Using cTAKES 3.2.2 and the AggregatePlaintextFastUMLSProcessor in
the CVD:

1. "Patient's brother has a myocardial infarction."
"myocardial infarction" and "infarction" have subject = "patient"

2. "Father had a myocardial infarction."
"myocardial infarction" and "infarction" have subject = "patient"

3. "Sister was diagnosed with a myocardial infarction."
"myocardial infarction" and "infarction" have subject = "patient"

4. "Family member had a myocardial infarction."
"myocardial infarction" and "infarction" have subject = "family_member" (this is correct)

I am looking at the code of the SubjectCleartkAnalysisEngine. Is this the class responsible
for inferring the subject?
How can this be fixed? Should I open a JIRA ticket?

Thanks,
Tomasz