ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Tomasz Oliwa <ol...@uchicago.edu>
Subject UmlsConcept subject
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 18:49:37 GMT
Hi,

I think there is a regression in the way cTAKES discovers the subject status ("patient", "familiy_member",
etc.) of an UmlsConcept. Using cTAKES 3.2.2 and the AggregatePlaintextFastUMLSProcessor in
the CVD:

1. "Patient's brother has a myocardial infarction."
"myocardial infarction" and "infarction" have subject = "patient"

2. "Father had a myocardial infarction."
"myocardial infarction" and "infarction" have subject = "patient"

3. "Sister was diagnosed with a myocardial infarction."
"myocardial infarction" and "infarction" have subject = "patient"

4. "Family member had a myocardial infarction."
"myocardial infarction" and "infarction" have subject = "family_member" (this is correct)

I am looking at the code of the SubjectCleartkAnalysisEngine. Is this the class responsible
for inferring the subject?
How can this be fixed? Should I open a JIRA ticket?

Thanks,
Tomasz