ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Finan, Sean" <Sean.Fi...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: ctakes UMLS resources
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 13:42:07 GMT
Hi Oranit,

While 2011AB is the pre-packaged available version, ctakes can work with any version of the
UMLS.  This question has come up before, but I don't believe that there is a JIRA ticket on
it - maybe a ctakes version per umls version, or every AB version, or ??.  There is a tool
in sandbox that will create a ctakes-compatible umls database, and if you search the archives
you should find some instructions on its use.  A gui would be great, but we aren't there yet.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Oranit Dror [mailto:oranit@algotec.co.il]
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 2:26 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: ctakes UMLS resources

Hello all,

I would like to ask with which UMLS release version cTAKES 3.2.2 works with .
The ctakes-resources zip file contains UMLS 2011AB release (available at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__sourceforge.net_projects_ctakesresources_files_&d=BQIFAg&c=qS4goWBT7poplM69zy_3xhKwEW14JZMSdioCoppxeFU&r=fs67GvlGZstTpyIisCYNYmQCP6r0bcpKGd4f7d4gTao&m=eK1zV1WZ44PhGCOwR4FHuB9_-rVERJ4yqYGsE8AVRPU&s=g50x7n-H4TAcfEivLd39imqKS39NuYFnZaQltqPVUt0&e=
).
But, newer UMLS release versions are available (20155AA is the latest one) and I'm wondering
if cTAKES can work with them.

Thank you,
Oranit.