ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Finan, Sean" <Sean.Fi...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: dictionary-look-fast fails to handle alternative CUIs
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2015 22:03:15 GMT
Hopefully the speed difference will be negligible.  It only makes the conversion at two times:
1. When internally storing a custom dictionary, 2. When storing discovered CUIs in the cas.
 Since custom dictionaries are only read once #1 shouldn’t have any real impact.  #2 should
require an execution per unique cui in the document, so if there are 100 cuis per doc * 10,000,000
docs it will probably add up to a few seconds – minor in the grande scheme of things.  However,
there may be a situation that I’m missing.
There shouldn’t be any impact upon accuracy as the adjustments occur completely outside
the lookup loop.

From: britt fitch [mailto:britt.fitch@wiredinformatics.com]
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2015 5:57 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: dictionary-look-fast fails to handle alternative CUIs

No issues so far.

I think you are already handling the 1 edge case I could come up with which was if the numeral
portion of the code started with a 0 and it 0 was lost during the divide step but it looks
like you are inserting leading zeros to the numeral portion if needed with digitCount.

I’ll definitely report back if I notice any performance change given the new logic though.

Britt Fitch
Wired Informatics
265 Franklin St Ste 1702
Boston, MA 02110