ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Miller, Timothy" <Timothy.Mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Data from and to UMLS
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 10:46:17 GMT
The only data that gets sent over the outside network are your UMLS credentials (username and
password). Once they are verified the actual lookup is done locally.
Tim

From: Giuseppe Totaro [totaropeppe@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 12:08 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Data from and to UMLS

Hi all,

I am using cTAKES programmatically in order to perform the AnalysisEngine
described into AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml.
Since this pipeline includes a component that connects to UMLS, I am just
wondering which data are transmitted outside.
More in detail, my application works on private data, so I would like to
know which kind of data go to and from UMLS.

Please could you help me about that?

Thanks a lot,
Giuseppe