ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Finan, Sean" <Sean.Fi...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: TimeLanes
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2015 15:33:28 GMT
Hi Maashu,

TimeLanes is currently a prototype gui under development and there is probably no information
about it on the web.  It is in sandbox because it isn't part of the ctakes release and is
missing much needed functionality.  For instance, It should display basic information about
the patient and note (name, birth date, note date), but such things are often in structured
data or some custom header of the note.  Right now TimeLanes does not fetch them at all (it
will require custom readers) and just displays "Dan Testing".

If you want to run it, the main class is org.chboston.cnlp.timeline.gui.main.TimelineMain
.  Upon startup it will display "open a note".  You can use the "Open" button or drag a file
into the box.  Unfortunately, it does not yet run ctakes (coming soon), so you need to give
it an annotated (protégé or Anafora) note or .xmi .  Using an .xmi would probably be easiest
as you can create it with ctakes.  You can watch an outdated video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp9YE0o3urU&feature=youtu.be

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: maashu@gmail.com [mailto:maashu@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2015 1:18 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: TimeLanes

Hi All,

I've just started working with cTAKES and was curious about TimeLanes.  I found it in the
sandbox here:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__svn.apache.org_repos_asf_ctakes_sandbox_timelanes_&d=BQIBaQ&c=qS4goWBT7poplM69zy_3xhKwEW14JZMSdioCoppxeFU&r=fs67GvlGZstTpyIisCYNYmQCP6r0bcpKGd4f7d4gTao&m=qneEArWy0QvCgMGCuF8-DwG3kslsrGAKWFtmP174uO4&s=iZj-v0HJjZccezixIOmlTFwyIGFf9OqImfSv-aMKdgI&e=

But I'm lost on how to actually use it.  I've googled around but there seems to be very little
information on it.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

-Maashu

--
"If you are immune to boredom, there is literally nothing you cannot accomplish."

-David Foster Wallace