ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Soumya Shree" <soumya.sh...@citiustech.com>
Subject RE: [DRAFT] [REPORT] Apache cTAKES Jun 2015
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 06:43:50 GMT
Hi Folks,

I am working with Ctakes Wherein I am looking to search reason for discontinuation from the
clinical notes. Does Ctakes offer any API or concept with which we can find the same.
Example-> Mr. xxx have been recommended not to take Dilantin due to its side effects.
In this case we need to train machine so that it tells us that the medicine was discontinued
and the reason was its side effects.
I appreciate if I can get small help also.

Thanks & Regards,
Soumya Shree

-----Original Message-----
From: Pei Chen [mailto:chenpei@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2015 2:32 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: [DRAFT] [REPORT] Apache cTAKES Jun 2015

[DRAFT- Feel free to add/edit]

-------

Report from the Apache cTAKES project [Pei Chen]

   Apache clinical Text Analysis and Knowledge Extraction System (cTAKES) is

   an open-source natural language processing system for information extraction

   from electronic medical record clinical free-text.

## Activity:

A talk about cTAKES using Spark/BigTop on processing Twitter data was well received at ApacheCon
NA 2015.

The committee just released ctakes-3.2.2 on May 30, 2015 and contains a critical patch caused
by a change by a 3rd party (NLM) validation service.
Full Release notes: http://s.apache.org/ctakes-3.2.2-release-notes

The committee is actively working on the next release cTAKES with new temporal components/models
and various bug fixes in Jira.

The committee is planning a local meetup (Boston) in the near future to integrate cTAKES with
Docker for easier deployments.

## Issues:

There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## PMC/Committership changes:

 - Currently 31 committers and 30 PMC members in the project.

 - Last PMC addition was Michelle Chen at Fri Jan 23 2015

 - Last committer addition was Jim Gregoric at Sat Feb 28 2015

## Releases:

 - 3.2.2 was released on May 30 2015
 - 3.2.1 was released on Dec 10 2014

 - 3.2.0 was released on Jul 23 2014

## Mailing list activity:

 - dev@ctakes.apache.org:

 - user@ctakes.apache.org:

## JIRA activity:

===========================================================================================================================================================================================
DISCLAIMER:
The information contained in this message (including any attachments) is confidential and
may be privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail
and permanently delete this message and any attachments from your system. Any dissemination,
use, review, distribution, printing or copying of this message in whole or in part is strictly
prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. CitiusTech shall not be liable
for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication
nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. CitiusTech does not guarantee that
the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that this communication is free
of viruses, interceptions or interferences.