ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro <teixeir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UMLS Authentication failing despite correct username and password
Date Thu, 14 May 2015 13:38:33 GMT
Agreed. Doing a direct string comparison seems like it will just break
at the very next update.

A). A check to parse the XML result looking for a result tag and that
the contents are "True" seems better

B). I'm not familiar with the history of that particular check but it
seems overly restrictive to require a valid UMLS account check for every
single run. If the user has already downloaded the UMLS isn't that
already indicative that they had a valid account? I realize there are
more ways around it in that case but requiring an internet connection
just to run one of the UMLS analysis engines seems... suboptimal.

Thanks for all the help sorting this out!