ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Savova, Guergana" <Guergana.Sav...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: OpenNLP VS UIMA, general question.
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 14:40:52 GMT
I cannot answer your question, but thought to point out that the stand-alone OpenNLP models
are trained on general domain data, while the models in cTAKES are trained on a combo of general
+ clinical domain data. Makes a significant difference in parser performance.
--Guergana

-----Original Message-----
From: Damir Olejar [mailto:olejar.damir@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 10:08 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: OpenNLP VS UIMA, general question.

To whom it may concern,

I would like to ask whether it is possible to have a code written for OpenNLP and then, if
necessary, integrate it with UIMA.  Furthermore, is it possible to go from UIMA to OpenNLP
? For example, I am interested in a medical analysis with cTakes, but I cannot find a way
how to do it using only the OpenNLP.

The reason why I want to rely on OpenNLP as much as possible, is simply due to a complexity
of applications I am developing, and UIMA would simply complicate everything without a necessity.

Thank you kindly for your answers!

Damir Olejar