ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Miller, Timothy" <Timothy.Mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: OpenNLP VS UIMA, general question.
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 14:51:52 GMT
I'm not totally sure I understand your question. But if you are asking
if it's possible to use the clinical-trained OpenNLP models released
with cTAKES without using UIMA, yes, it should be possible. Some of the
cTAKES modules simply wrap OpenNLP APIs, and convert the
POS-tagged/Chunked/Parsed output into the UIMA typesystem.

Or are you asking if you can write a UIMA annotator that consumes
OpenNLP annotations rather than cTAKES' UIMA-based annotations? That is
possible too, though would definitely add complexity to a UIMA pipeline.

Tim