ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Damir Olejar <olejar.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exploiting the power of cTakes, using OpenNLP only
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 11:49:14 GMT
To answer my own question, it all comes down to UMLS licensing, and which
files are being downloaded from the server.
The files that are downloaded are compressed *.model files that can be
integrated with cTakes.
However, there is (or might be in the near future) a restriction to which
user can download which files, and also, there might be a copyright issue
if the UMLS procedure is not followed.

So, yes, there is no need for UIMA, but then, for any serious work, the
copyrights need to be respected.