ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Damir Olejar <olejar.da...@gmail.com>
Subject I need some help understanding the CVD output
Date Mon, 25 May 2015 16:04:30 GMT
To whom it may concern,

First, I am sorry if this question was already asked, however, I cannot
find any answers online. I am trying to understand the CVD output, and what
each output means, while doing the AggregatePlainTextUMLSProcessor.

Mainly, I would like to know what discoveryTechnique=0, Confidence,
polarity, uncertainty, conditional, … mean exactly, and what are the
possible variations (for example, how many discoveryTechniques there are,
and what does each number mean) ?

So far, I have managed to gather some information, but with the rest, I do
have a difficulty since I do not know what is the main source of
information (or perhaps the research papers) for building the CVD  to build
CVD.

Thank you for your help,
Damir
Sofa - Each representation of an Artifact is called a Subject of Analysis,
abbreviated using the acronym “Sofa” which stands for Subject OF Analysis.

CAS - Common Analysis Structure - The CAS is the central data structure
through which all UIMA components communicate. Java interface to the CAS
called the JCas.

Annotation index - Annotators add meta data about a Sofa to the CAS. It is
often useful to have this metadata denote a region of the Sofa to which it
applies. For instance, assuming the Sofa is a String, the metadata might
describe a particular substring as the name of a person.

Semantic Role Relation (Generate Index) - Consists of ID, Category,
Discovery Technique, Confidence, Polarity, Uncertainty, Conditional,
Predicate, and Argument.

    Category (the role labels) are:
    A0: Agent? (Similar to a Nominative)
    A1: Patient ? (Similar to a Genitive)
    A2: Purpose or direction ? (Similar to a Dative)
    A3: No generalization can be made?
    A4: No generalization can be made?
    A5: No generalization can be made?
    AM-ADV: general purpose