ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Damir Olejar <olejar.da...@gmail.com>
Subject OpenNLP VS UIMA, general question.
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 14:07:19 GMT
To whom it may concern,

I would like to ask whether it is possible to have a code written for
OpenNLP and then, if necessary, integrate it with UIMA.  Furthermore, is it
possible to go from UIMA to OpenNLP ? For example, I am interested in a
medical analysis with cTakes, but I cannot find a way how to do it using
only the OpenNLP.

The reason why I want to rely on OpenNLP as much as possible, is simply due
to a complexity of applications I am developing, and UIMA would simply
complicate everything without a necessity.

Thank you kindly for your answers!

Damir Olejar