ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CTAKES mirroring on github.
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 15:31:07 GMT
On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:56 PM, Kim Ebert
<kim.ebert@perfectsearchcorp.com> wrote:
> I've done some investigation into using / working with the git repo for cTAKES, and I
found that it is a huge. It doesn't work well with GitHub either, as I keep running into timeouts.

> I would like to make the suggest that we remove two cTAKES build files and the ctakes-gui-0.0.1.zip
file. This takes the repo from about 8 GB down to 1.8 GB. It is likely that the reason the
git mirror is failing is due to the large size of the repo.

While I'm all for removing some of the huge files,  note that the file
size is not the problem. GitHub is mirroring everything (except maybe
the large files), it's just that git://git.apache.org/ctakes.git is
not complete. It only goes to up to August 2013.

Steve