ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Finan, Sean" <Sean.Fi...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: UMLS Authentication failing despite correct username and password
Date Thu, 14 May 2015 13:55:36 GMT
Hi Pedro,

> B). If the user has already downloaded the UMLS isn't that already indicative that they
had a valid account?
As I understand it (I wasn't around at the time) this per-user licensing with a jit check
was the deal that was worked out with the NLM.  I think that repackaging and redistributing
any form of the UMLS was not (legally) done before ctakes worked out the current arrangement.

I think have heard ytex had an initial check upon installation, and we have talked about (would
like to) use this model.   The only drawback is a "single download, multiple install" site
distribution possibility -  which NLM didn't like.
My information could be woefully outdated or just plain wrong.  If anybody out there knows
better then please chip in.

Sean

P.S.  If anybody would like to try to advocate a different arrangement with the NLM then that
would be great.