ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Teixeira <teixeir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running cTAKES via command line
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2015 15:18:25 GMT
Pei Chen <chenpei@...> writes:

> There were a couple of recent threads about this [1].  In particular
search
> for:
> CmdLineCpeRunner.java and RunCPE.java
>
> [1]
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ctakes-
dev/201502.mbox/%3cCAHnnHnZFde5MF6dDV6Y2R4jyYgua1a43SrdNZRsKJQWDDtiB8w-
JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg <at> public.gmane.org%3e

> We should probably add it to the wiki documentation or FAQ...
>
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 10:58 PM, Pedro Teixeira <teixeira09@...>
> wrote:
>
> > John Green <john.travis.green <at> ...> writes:
> >

> > > Hi!
> > > It depends on what you mean by run on the command line... Can you
> > clarify the use case?Jg
> > >
> > > On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 5:42 PM, Pedro Teixeira <teixeira09 <at>
...>

> > Any
> >

> > I'd like to have as input a string/file/directory with files and
then call
> > cTAKES to process and output the XML result (picking one of the
analysis
> > engines/setting parameters upon initiation). I want to just run this
> > without having to boot up the GUI and manually select everything and
click
> > run. Seems easiest to automate that if I can run it via command line
and
> > then just write scripts around that.
> >
> > Thanks!

That looks like it'll do the trick although I'm having a little bit of
trouble invoking it from the command line. I keep getting "Cold not find
or load main class " errors. Unfortunately my Java is a bit rusty. I
have the -cp argument in for all the paths but then when I go manually
searching around I can't find the correct class. I'm assuming it's just
contained in the .jar files but despite providing the /lib/* to -cp it
doesn't seem to be finding it. Any advice? Perhaps an example command
line invoking the CmdLineCpeRunner?

Thanks so much for your help!