ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Teixeira <teixeir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running cTAKES via command line
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2015 02:58:37 GMT
John Green <john.travis.green@...> writes:

> Hi!
> It depends on what you mean by run on the command line... Can you
clarify the use case?Jg

> On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 5:42 PM, Pedro Teixeira <teixeira09@...>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello, I've got an installation of cTAKES running but am unsure of how
> > run it via commandline only. I'd like to write a script to automate
> > processing and skip the GUI. A quick search hasn't turned anything up.
Any
> > advice on how to do that? Will I have to dig into the code to do this?
> > Thanks!

I'd like to have as input a string/file/directory with files and then call
cTAKES to process and output the XML result (picking one of the analysis
engines/setting parameters upon initiation). I want to just run this
without having to boot up the GUI and manually select everything and click
run. Seems easiest to automate that if I can run it via command line and
then just write scripts around that.

Thanks!