ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Hari, Sekhar" <sekhar.h...@cgi.com>
Subject RE: Request for help:: NCBO Ontology Extraction Tool for i2b2
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 06:15:19 GMT
I checked only those 4 Ontologies that I mentioned in my email. In this site - http://i2b2.bioontology.org/
, I see that you have submitted a number of final metadata files for different Ontologies.
I am not familiar with Extraction and Processing programs to modify it; hence I requested
the group under the hope that somebody can extract and process the final metadata files for
these Ontologies.

WHO-ART:
For this one, the problem is that the Processing program dies with the "GC Overhead Limit
reached" error exactly after the output file size reaches 11GB (if I provide the  pathFormat
as 'Medium'; dies at 9.4GB if the pathFormat is 'Short'). The Extraction program worked very
well.
I contacted Lori, and here is what he has to say:
"Problem with WHO-ART is that its circular…  I don’t have a solution for this problem.
 ..
Traverse down one of the AV Block paths / Retinal Odeama / Fungal ../ Thyroid … / Aspiration
/ and Av Block again…  it goes on and on..."

OAE, SSE, OVAE:
For this one, the problem is different. There is no "GC Overhead Limit" error. But when the
Extraction program runs, after each page there is Java "NullPointerException". Lori asked
me to modify the program. Below is Lori's response:

"I see the problem

My code assumes the following format for each concept:

Example from ICD9:
<class><properties>
<tuiCollection><tui type="http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/umls/tui">T061</tui></tuiCollection>
<notationCollection><notation type="http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#notation">83.72</notation></notationCollection>
<cuiCollection><cui type="http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/umls/cui">C0185466</cui></cuiCollection>
<prefLabelCollection><prefLabel type="http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#prefLabel">Recession
of tendon</prefLabel></prefLabelCollection>

Its expecting to see <notationCollection> to obtain the basecode of the term.

In your case
There is no <notationCollection> entry.   (why you are seeing null pointers)

It does have (which I assume is the basecode) <prefixIRICollection><prefixIRI type="http://data.bioontology.org/metadata/prefixIRI">OAE:0001620</prefixIRI>

Your problem is going to need a custom solution, that unfortunately I don't have the bandwidth
for.   I can tell where/how to modify the code to fit your needs.  Let me know if you need
assistance in modifying the code."

Thanks,
Sekhar H.