ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Finan, Sean" <Sean.Fi...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: iterate on the features of CAS consumer (FileWriterCasConsumer)
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 13:38:36 GMT
Hi Samir,
Like Tim, I'm a little bewildered and not sure that I understand your questions.

If you want to run a collection of files, check the code in org.apache.ctakes.core.cpe.CmdLineCpeRunner.

If you want to iterate through the cas to find its contents, I'd look at the code in  org.apache.ctakes.core.cc.
SentenceTokensPrinter and org.apache.ctakes.core.cc. JdbcWriterTemplate or even org.apache.ctakes.core.cc.
TokenOffsetsCasConsumer.  You probably don't want to use them directly, but you can use the
code as examples.

If you want a dense xmi file to be saved for each note processed, check out org.apache.ctakes.core.cc.
FilesInDirectoryCasConsumer

If you want to read a directory of files then you probably want to look at org.apache.ctakes.core.cr.FilesInDirectoryCollectionReader

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Miller, Timothy [mailto:Timothy.Miller@childrens.harvard.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 7:09 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org; samir chabou
Subject: RE: iterate on the features of CAS consumer (FileWriterCasConsumer)

Samir,
I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you saying you want to be able to look at/process
annotations in a file more than once without re-processing the note?
Tim

   Hi,how can I load an existing FileWriterCasConsumer in a java code and iterate through
the features in the FileWriterCasConsumer ?
Note: i was able to load the clinical pipeline in my java code and create a new jCas and process
it; the problem with this is each time i ran the java code i have to reload the clinical pipeline
which take a bit of time.
please advise Thanks

   Hi,how can I load an existing FileWriterCasConsumer in a java code and iterate through
the features in the FileWriterCasConsumer ?
Note: i was able to load the clinical pipeline in my java code and create a new jCas and process
it; the problem with this is each time i ran the java code i have to reload the clinical pipeline
which take a bit of time.
Thanks