ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Fawcett, Mitch" <MFawc...@ChristianaCare.org>
Subject RE: cTakes setup
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 13:46:45 GMT
Pei,

Thank you. That answers my questions.

I think my real issue lies with my computer only having 4 GB ram with 2.88 GB available when
I run cTakes.   I am getting a vm creation error

C:\apache-ctakes-3.2.1>cd C:\apache-ctakes-3.2.1

C:\apache-ctakes-3.2.1>java -cp "C:\apache-ctakes-3.2.1/desc/;C:\apache-ctakes-3
.2.1/resources/;C:\apache-ctakes-3.2.1/lib/*" -Dlog4j.configuration=file:/C:\apa
che-ctakes-3.2.1/config/log4j.xml -Xms512M -Xmx3G org.apache.uima.tools.cvd.CVD

Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

I am putting in a request from our IT department for more ram and I was debating how much
to ask for.

Thanks

Mitch Fawcett, MBA
Senior Systems Analyst