ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Devel <deve...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it necessary to put UMLS login into files when passing them with -D to the JVM?
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 20:18:05 GMT
Hi,

in AggregatePlaintextFastUMLSProcessor.xml of cTAKES it states that:

[...] Please update DictionaryLookupAnnotatorUMLS.xml file with your UMLS
username and password.

Similarly, in AggregatePlaintextFastUMLSProcessor.xml from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-344

[...] Please update
resources/org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/fast/cTakesHsql.xml file with
your UMLS username and password

I am passing my UMLS login and password on startup as arguments, when
starting the either CVD/CPE or org.apache.uima.examples.cpe.SimpleRunCPE
argumets such as:

"-Dctakes.umlsuser=myusername -Dctakes.umlspw=mypassword"

In such a case, it is still necessary to modify the file(s) above?

Additional question: It seems that the
AggregatePlaintextFastUMLSProcessor.xml from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-344 has some nice improvements
(using DrugNER and default fast pipeline). I just downloaded it from the
svn and replaced the old cTAKES 3.2.1 file with this one, and it seems to
run just fine and cTAKES does annotations. Can somebody from the devs or
users tell me if this manual replacement step is OK and does not break
anything that I am not aware of?

Many thanks for answers on any of my questions,
Tom