ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From David Donohue ...@daviddonohue.com>
Subject Re: cTAKES and UMLS web service
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 20:17:00 GMT
@Jay
Agreed cloud hosting is the way to go.  What advantages do you see with
Project Atomic over others like PaaS?

@Taposh
So kind of you to offer to help with hosting.  Let's collaborate!

Considerations would be licensing and also cost.  Is anyone aware of any
special licensing considerations that would apply if we were to host cTAKES
(and UMLS) as a public web service?
I just reread the cTAKES and UMLS license agreements.  I am no legal expert
but I did not see anything to prohibit this.
Would we need to issue API keys to ascertain that users had signed off on
our (Apache + UMLS) terms?

I am profoundly ignorant of cTAKES as well.  I have never set it up or even
used it.  After installation we would need to expose it in a Rest web
service.  Many considerations there (DoS attacks, etc).  Recommendations
welcome!

Does it make sense to anyone to concomitantly expose search of UMLS as a
webservice?  Would this require a separate Solr/Elasticsearch instance?

Dave Donohue