ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Maite Meseure Hugues <meseure.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions about dictionary-lookup and dictionary-lookup-fast
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 16:34:26 GMT
Hi everyone,

1) I am currently working on BagOfCuisGenerator.java with the analysis
engine 'AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml', but that process is very slow
at that step:

INFO UmlsDictionaryLookupAnnotator - process(JCas)

Does anyone know why is it so slow?

2) I also tried with 'AggregatePlaintextFastUMLSProcessor.xml' and it's
actually pretty fast like his name suggests, but my interest is to be able
to create my own HsqlDb-based dictionary like we can do with a Lucene index
and integrate it in the process, is it possible with the fast version? Do
you have any pointers that could allow me to do that?

Thank you very much for you time.

 Maïté Meseure Hugues