ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Jay Vyas <jayunit100.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running cTakes in parallel
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 19:51:38 GMT
We also have a spark implementation in the ctakes sandbox you can use (for up to date see jayunit100/SparkStreamingApps
on gh).

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 25, 2015, at 2:17 PM, Finan, Sean <Sean.Finan@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Michelle,
>
> When it comes to
>> multiple instances of cTakes in parallel
> You can certainly start as many pipelines as you want as separate JVM processes, just
make sure that you divide your notes among separate batches, one batch per process.  Also
keep in mind that you don't want to clobber your disk or reserve more ram than you've actually
got available.

> We have an UIMA-AS ( http://uima.apache.org/doc-uimaas-what.html ) solution that we have
used with cTAKES.  It is a small collection of bash scripts that set up an environment and
control processes.  There are also a couple .xml descriptors and configuration files that
UIMA-AS needs  At some point it should be cleaned up a bit and checked in to sandbox, but
it has been a very low (subgrade) priority for me.  Since you are local you could check out
our setup in person if you like.

> Sean

Chen
> Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 2:07 PM
> To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
> Subject: Running cTakes in parallel
>
> Quick question, is it possible to run multiple instances of cTakes in parallel?
>
> I'm currently using ctakes-clinical-pipeline's fastPipeline() and wanted to run it over
multiple documents. Would it be okay to create multiple AnalysisEngine? How has other people
done this process?