ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: types for hybrid relations
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 16:59:00 GMT
On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 6:36 AM, Miller, Timothy
<Timothy.Miller@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Any votes for one or more of the following:
>
> A) Generalize BinaryTextRelation
> B) Create ElementMentionRelation (and then map coref chains to Elements)

I'd be okay with this one. Though Please just make the arguments
Element and IdentifiedAnnotation. The indirection through
RelationArgument is painful and unhelpful as far as I can tell.

> C) Create RelationMentionRelation
> D) I'm not doing anything until I clear this mountain of snow off of my car

Another possibility would be to create a relation type that exactly
matches what you need:

CollectionTextRelationEntityMentionRelation

Where the arguments are a CollectionTextRelation and a EntityMention.
That would have the advantage of removing all need for casting, since
the two arguments would have exactly the right types.

Steve