ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Finan, Sean" <Sean.Fi...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Running cTakes in parallel
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 19:17:56 GMT
Hi Michelle,

When it comes to
> multiple instances of cTakes in parallel
You can certainly start as many pipelines as you want as separate JVM processes, just make
sure that you divide your notes among separate batches, one batch per process.  Also keep
in mind that you don't want to clobber your disk or reserve more ram than you've actually
got available.

We have an UIMA-AS ( http://uima.apache.org/doc-uimaas-what.html ) solution that we have used
with cTAKES.  It is a small collection of bash scripts that set up an environment and control
processes.  There are also a couple .xml descriptors and configuration files that UIMA-AS
needs  At some point it should be cleaned up a bit and checked in to sandbox, but it has been
a very low (subgrade) priority for me.  Since you are local you could check out our setup
in person if you like.

Sean