ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Finan, Sean" <Sean.Fi...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Question about CPE/ descriptor and xml file.
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 15:19:51 GMT
Go through the error that you got, and look for a message like:

Failed to initilize.  Invalid UMLS License

and

Error: Invalid UMLS License.  A UMLS License is required to use the UMLS dictionary lookup.

Error: You may request one at: https://uts.nlm.nih.gov/license.html
Please verify your UMLS license settings in the DictionaryLookupAnnotatorUMLS.xml configuration.

If you see that message, you see a possible solution.  If you have a umls username and password,
make sure that they are set correctly for the cTakes run.

If you don't see that message, check resources/org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/umls2011ab/umls
and see if it contains a rather large .data file.  If not, then go through the process detailed
at http://ctakes.apache.org/downloads.cgi in the section entitled "Resources".

If you have the .data file, then let us know and we'll try to push forward.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Maite Meseure Hugues [mailto:mmhugues@medmergent.com]
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2015 9:33 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Question about CPE/ descriptor and xml file.

Hello everyone,

I am a new user of cTakes and I would like to integrate it in my code to run it programmatically.

I followed the example in the cTakes package but I have an error message regarding the descriptor:

[...] 03 Jan 2015 13:39:33  INFO UmlsDictionaryLookupAnnotator - Using ctakes.umlsaddr: https://uts-ws.nlm.nih.gov/restful/isValidUMLSUser:
maitemeseure

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Initialization
of annotator class "org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup.ae.UmlsDictionaryLookupAnnotator"
failed.  (Descriptor: <unknown>)

Do you know how I can fix that?? My goal is to get in output the same XML file than the CPE.
Thanks a lot for your time.

Best regards,

Maite Meseure