ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Geise, Brandon D." <bdge...@geisinger.edu>
Subject Scaling cTakes
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 17:39:14 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to cTakes and the UIMA framework.  I've read most of the UIMA documentation and was
able to take the BagofCUIGenerator example and modify to read notes from a DB, process using
the UMLS AE in the clinical-pipeline using a local DB version of UMLS, and output the CUIs
to a DB.  However, the problem I'm having is it's extremely slow; ~3.5-4 notes a minute.
I was hoping I could get some hints or advice on speeding the process up.  I read there's
a patch for LVG, but wasn't quite sure how to implement.  Also from testing using the CPE
GUI, I don't notice any different in processing time by adjusting the CASPool setting.  Some
advice on the CASPool would be appreciated also.

Thanks,
Brandon

IMPORTANT WARNING: The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access
to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken, or omitted to be taken, in reliance
on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please
delete all electronic copies of this message (and the documents attached to it, if any), destroy
any hard copies you may have created and notify me immediately by replying to this email.
Thank you.

Geisinger Health System utilizes an encryption process to safeguard Protected Health Information
and other confidential data contained in external e-mail messages. If email is encrypted,
the recipient will receive an e-mail instructing them to sign on to the Geisinger Health System
Secure E-mail Message Center to retrieve the encrypted e-mail.