ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Budi Wibowo <heisb...@umich.edu>
Subject Using Ctakes takes a long time to process text
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2014 07:06:10 GMT
Hello,
i'm using CTAKES for class project.
I'm using CPE to process clinical text notes.
I ran the software with -Xmx10g command.
I have 16g in my machine.

my problem is:
running the CPE takes a long long time.
I'm processing 175 clinical notes with a total of 40MB for all
the notes.
CPE has been running close to 4 hours now,
and it's only been able to process 104 out of
175.

I'm using the "test1.xml" CPE descriptor and
"AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml" analysis
engine(clinical-text-pipeline).

 it seems like java is only using 2 core out of the 16 I have. RAM usage hover between 5-8gb.

is there anyway i can make the software run a bit faster?