ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From andy mcmurry <mcmurry.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Announcement: UMLS MedGen-MySQL dataset now available as open access download
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 22:02:08 GMT
Hello!

https://bitbucket.org/invitae/medgen-mysql (Apache Licensed ASL2)

We just released a new library containing a huge chunk of UMLS concepts
which are available without registering accounts/username/passwords.
LEGALLY. Yes, really!

The subset is from NCBI and it contains *thousands of concepts from SNOMED
and other vocabularies*.

The code is essentially
1. a list of WGET targets to various NCBI FTP site mirrors
2. Makefile for building the databases of interest

Our legal team has approved distribution for Open Access work, ASL2
LICENSE.

I recommend we use this opportunity to make this the default distribution
for CTAKES UMLS connections, because it obviates the need for so much
painful credentialing and back and forth agreements with the US National
Library of Medicine.

Cheers!
--Andy