ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject ctakes-dictionary-lookup-fast
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 20:55:23 GMT
Hi,
The original plan was to update AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml to use the new ultrafast
dictionary lookup in the upcoming 3.2.1 release.
However, the output is slightly different the old cTAKES dictionary where it no longer has
a SNOMED/RXNORM consumer (Returns CUI's only and doesn't post process map back to the SNOMED/RXNORM
codes.)  This can certainly be done again, but I am not sure how many people are dependent
on the AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml to consider this a patch release.
Some Options/Ideas:

1)      Create a AggreatePlaintextUMLSFastProcessor.xml which defaults to dictionary-lookup-fast.
But doesn't return the codes for now.  We replace the default pipeline when SNOMED/RXNORM
codes are returned again.

2)      Push forward with defaulting to the new dictionary-lookup-fast in AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml

Example output of dictionary-lookup-fast:

[cid:image001.png@01CFF9D9.E5D2CA50]