ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Kim Ebert <kim.eb...@imatsolutions.com>
Subject Re: Using Ctakes takes a long time to process text
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2014 16:53:43 GMT
Hi,

cTakes currently is single threaded. To increase throughput, we use a
patch or two to run several pipelines at once. To Increase your
performance, I would recommend splitting up the work into multiple batches.

To get cTakes to run multiple threads, you have to patch the LVG. I
believe the patch is available in the bug tracker.

You also would need to run them as separate pipelines inside of UIMA.
You can't just say increase the number of threads for this operation.
While we aren't using static variables, state is maintained inside of
the object.
http://uima.apache.org/downloads/releaseDocs/2.1.0-incubating/docs/html/tutorials_and_users_guides/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.applications.multi_threaded

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-151

IMAT Solutions <http://imatsolutions.com>