ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <richard.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: YTEX depends on trove4j? LGPL issue
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2014 17:53:41 GMT
On 15.10.2014, at 19:41, Steven Bethard <steven.bethard@gmail.com> wrote:

> In addition to fixing the trove4j dependency, if anyone knows how to
> get a report of all dependency licenses, it would be good to
> double-check the rest of the YTEX dependencies to make sure there
> aren't other issues.

We do that in UIMA. There is a separate artifact called "uima-build-resources"
which contains a Velocity template to build a dependencies report:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/build/trunk/uima-build-resources/src/main/resources/META-INF/DEPENDENCIES.vm

It generates a dependencies report into the target folder that will also end up in all JARs.

I think this template is triggered in the UIMA parent-pom by this section

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/build/trunk/parent-pom/pom.xml

      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-remote-resources-plugin</artifactId>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <configuration>
              <resourceBundles>
                <resourceBundle>org.apache.uima:uima-build-resources:${uimaBuildResourcesVersion}</resourceBundle>
              </resourceBundles>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

I adapted/adopted this for DKPro Core too. It works nicely, but I don't remember if the two
elements above were all that is involved or if there was extra magic ;)

Cheers,

-- Richard