ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Tietjen <bruce.tiet...@perfectsearchcorp.com>
Subject cTakes output predictability
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2014 20:59:54 GMT
Since I started working with cTakes some time ago, I have found it
difficult to compare the output between subsequent runs on the same files
because annotations are often assigned different IDs, are listed in
different order, etc.

One area that seems to be a cause for at least some of these differences is
the common use of HashMap where enumerating the contents is not guaranteed
to return items in the same order they were added.

I would like to work towards addressing this issue by changing those areas
of the code where it matters to use a LinkedHashMap instead.

Is this something the community would be interested in and find helpful?

Thanks,

Bruce Tietjen
Perfect Search Corp.