ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Pei Chen <chen...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Apache cTAKES API
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2014 21:14:54 GMT
There seems to be an increasing amount questions regarding how to
'use/integrate' cTAKES. Some folks have been discussing an
effort/focus in creating a clean starting point for cTAKES. This could
be in the form of a clean, well-document API.  (abstracting out UIMA,
Annotators, Pipelines, Type System, etc.).

An example call would be as simple as
.getUMLSConcepts(String document);
//Under the hood, it would put together the necessary components and
return a list of umls concepts.

The new uimaFIT Factory style methods could be a good starting point.
We were thinking of putting our thoughts as an example/interfaces into
sandbox as a starting point.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-313