ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Pei Chen <chen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: managing ctakes resources on classpath
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 14:48:59 GMT
I'm not too privy to the ytex config details, but yes you're right,
it's caused by the xdl.xsd being null.  However it looks like it
exists in ytex-res.jar but the call being made uses Class.getResource
which won't be able to read in from the jar as an InputStream.
1) We can make ytex read in resources directly from jars (as maven
central artifacts).   We can make AppJdl.class.getResourceAsStream()
instead of getResource().  However, are there any other local physical
File dependencies?
2) Alternatively, we can add a step to have maven unpack res.jar if required.
I think 1 would be nice, but not sure how involved it will be.

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/Users/pei/workspace/apache-ctakes/trunk/ctakes-ytex/file:/Users/pei/workspace/apache-ctakes/trunk/ctakes-ytex-res/target/ctakes-ytex-res-3.2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar!/org/apache/ctakes/jdl/xdl.xsd
(No such file or directory)

        at java.io.FileInputStream.&lt;init&gt;(FileInputStream.java:146)

        at java.io.FileInputStream.&lt;init&gt;(FileInputStream.java:101)

      at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(FileURLConnection.java:90)

Anyhow- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-308 opened to track this