ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Koola, Jejo David" <jejo.d.ko...@vanderbilt.edu>
Subject Re: Acronym annotator
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2014 15:26:04 GMT
You might be interested in: https://sbmi.uth.edu/ccb/resources/abbreviation.htm

On Aug 21, 2014, at 2:08 PM, John Green <john.travis.green@gmail.com<mailto:john.travis.green@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Are there any acronym annotators and disambiguators? What are people doing
in production elsewhere? Im learning the heart of cTakes and UIMA by the
numbers right now and I think writing an annotator of my own will be the
best way to solidify the information. If no one has it done already, I
thought Id write a simple acronym annotator and disambiguator. The
disambiguation would just be a co-occurance over a lookup window across a
private corpus I have access to, e.g., word1 word 2 word3 acronym1 word4
word5 word6. I would provide specificity by excluding words that tend to
occur frequently across instances of the acronyms with the same
abbreviation.

But, if someone has already done it and is planning on releasing it, I hate
to reproduce wheels...

JG