ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Nikandish <snika...@emerginghealthit.com>
Subject RE: Retrieving CUIs
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 19:44:04 GMT
Hi Chen,

I only need CUI. I tried to extend DictoanryLoopkupAnnotator. Is this a writer approach?

Thanks,
Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Pei Chen [mailto:chenpei@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 3:42 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: Retrieving CUIs

Nick,
It is fairly easy to extend an annotator (either a java class or groovy
script) to extract just the items for your specific use case.
Check out the HelloWorldAnnotator and Pipeline from ctakes-examples project.  I can write
an example that just outputs the CUI if you like, but I have a hunch that you may also want
other attributes such as (negation?, etc.)?