ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: ytex DBconsumer and groovy parser
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 02:01:06 GMT
Hi John,

Not positive this is the line you are referring to, but there is a line in cTAKES_clinical_pipeline.groovy
(which is not in sandbox, btw) that has a comment about

"createAnalysisEngineDescription  expects name to not end in .xml even though filename actually
does"

I am guessing the comment you see is trying to say the same thing.

cTAKES_clinical_pipeline.groovy is in  ctakes-core/scripts/groovy

In that script, line 321 is where the writer is specified. There is no separately defined
"consumer" in the same sense that the CPE GUI has consumers that are separate from annotators.
The script just uses the last "annotator"  as a consumer and convention is AFAIK to call them
writers in this case.

Hope that helps,
-- James

-----Original Message-----
From: John Green [mailto:john.travis.green@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 7:15 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: ytex DBconsumer and groovy parser

If someone has a free minute, which, judging from my own life is probably
not the case - where in the groovy scrips in sandbox do you define the
consumer to use? There is one comment that says "dont put the .xml here"
then there is a path to the dictionary ae. Im working by ssh from the
hospital a lot in my "free time" in the ICU and running gui CPEs isn't
gonna cut it.

Apropos the ytex dbconsumer - I should be able to just tack this on to the
end of the ytex aggregate pipeline?

I'm probably still asking very naive questions but to date I still haven't
had the time to dive into UIMA's base very well, so I apologize.

My goal is to run the full ytex pipeline from the command line with the
ytex dbconsumer ...

Thanks for everyone's patience,
John