ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Nikandish <snika...@emerginghealthit.com>
Subject RE: Retrieving CUIs
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 19:11:27 GMT
Thanks James for answering my question.
 I am running "ClinicalPipelineWithUmls"  which is using "AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor".

The text that I am sending is

"urine culture mos  source/body site clean catch culture results  >100,001col/ml escherichia
coli final id  e.coli amikacin s ampicillin r >=32".

Where my own annotators kick in at the end of the pipeline and annotate the text. The only
element that I am missing is  CUI.
I ran the app with "pain" and "knee" and they got annotated with CUIs.  But for  the above
mentioned text I only got CUI for the medications.
I looked at the codebase and in the UmlsToSnomedConsumerImpl, I printed out the CUIs and I
got all of them like this:

==>Source C1705919
===>Source C0449416
===>MOS C0072454
===>MOS C0026574
===>MOS C0072454
===>Urine culture C0430404
===>culture C0220814
===>Culture C1706355
===>Culture C2242979
===>Culture C0430400
===>Culture C0010453
===>CULTURE C1706355
===>culture C0010453
===>urine C0042037
===>URINE C0042036
===>urine C0042036
===>URINE C0042037
===>Urine C0042036
===>Site C0205145
===>Site C1515974
===>Site C2825164
===>Body C1551342
===>BODY C1268086
===>Body C1268086
===>Clean C1947930
===>culture C0220814
===>culture C0010453
===>Culture C0010453
===>Culture C2242979
===>CULTURE C1706355
===>Culture C0430400
===>Culture C1706355
===>Catch C0231617
===>Result C1274040
===>Results C1274040
===>Result C2825142
===>result C1274040
===>COL C0009367
===>COL C1704808
===>ESCHERICHIA COLI C0014834
===>Escherichia coli C0014834
===>E C0439108
===>e C0439131
===>E C1553024
===>e C1551074
===>Final C0205088
===>ESCHERICHIA C0014833
===>Escherichia C0014833
===>Id C0020786
===>ID C0020787
===>ID C2986768
===>ID C2349049
===>ID C1522475
===>ID C0021247
===>ID C0600091
===>ML C0439242
===>mL C0439242
===>ML C1708949
===>ml C0439242
===>ML C0024581
===>ML C1706380
===>Ampicillin C0002680
===>AMPICILLIN C0002680
===>Ampicillin C0002680
===>AMPICILLIN C0002680
===>s C0457385
===>S C1551054
===>S C0439118
===>S C2825524
===>s C1704767
===>amikacin C0002499
===>Amikacin C0002499
===>AMIKACIN C0002499
===>AMIKACIN C0002499
===>amikacin C0002499
===>Amikacin C0002499

This is what I need. I can create a map and keep them there and use it but I need to make
some changes to the code and I was wondering if there is a way to avoid that?

Thanks,
Nick