ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Tietjen <bruce.tiet...@perfectsearchcorp.com>
Subject Converting UMLS codes to SNOMED codes using the YTEX pipeline
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 17:32:49 GMT
I've been playing around with 3.1 and 3.2 rc1 using the YTEX pipeline.

I noticed that the output generated by the YTEX pipeline outputs the UMLS
codes. Is there an easy way to convert the UMLS codes to SNOMED codes?

I had expected that the LookupDesc_SNOMED.xml might handle that, but then
noticed that the LookupConsumer identified there specifically uses the UMLS
codingscheme.

Or is there a reason why the ytex pipeline should not produce SNOMED codes?

Thanks,

Bruce Tietjen

 [image: IMAT Solutions] <http://imatsolutions.com>
 Bruce Tietjen