ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From John Green <john.travis.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Procedure
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 13:03:44 GMT
General so that I dont keep generating work for others :-)

Specifically: Temperature wasnt annotated, neither was Heart rate, for
example.

different but related: it picked up "abdominal mass" (C0000734) but not
"pulsatile abdominal mass" (C0266835) when given "pulsatile abdominal
mass". I understand that this may be expected given the word order. If it
wasnt, then the concern, of course, is that by clinical intuition abdominal
mass isnt very specific and one wouldnt jump to thinking AAA. However,
pulsatile abdominal mass you would immediately think AAA. While this delta
is fairly well reflected in ytex's semantic similarity measure
(particularly LCH) with the distance being 0.84 and 0.64 for abdominal mass
to pulsatile abdominal mass and Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (C0162871)
respectively.

Pulsatile abdominal mass was in the lookup window.

JG