ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "John Green" <john.travis.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Procedure
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 17:57:02 GMT
I didnt see how it appeared in dictionary, I just looked at the cui in umls, which has it as
abdominal pulsatile mass, which isnt the same order as the text I annotated in ctakes (pulsatile
abdominal mass); but if im wrong great, it does raise the question even more why if it was
in the lookup window and in the dictionary that it was only annotated as abdominal mass.

Apropos temperature and heart rate, the results of these are measurements right? But it seems
also that they should be procedures in the sense that you perform a physical manipulation
on a pt. If I were checking notes for the presence of whether or not someone checked vitals
vs obtaining the measurements, this seems within the current use case, but Im so often wrong
here being so new...

JG

—
Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 1:44 PM, Masanz, James J. <Masanz.James@mayo.edu>
wrote:

> In general cTAKES doesn't pick up things with values, such as weight, height, lab values,
temperature, with the exception that the drug ner pipeline can pick up medication related
values such as dose, strength, etc.
> cTAKES does pick up a few things as MeasurementAnnotation just by pattern, but doesn't
associate those with a named entity that has a cui.
> The example of "pulsatile abdominal mass" listed the same 3 words in the same order for
the dictionary entry and the text that was processed, so I'm not clear what you meant about
word order.