ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: some error in Collection Processing Engine Configurator
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 14:22:37 GMT
Prakash,
If you are using the UIMA CPE/CVD GUI's, within the UIMA framework, there is usually a concept
of:
1) CollectionReader
2) Pipeline (A sequence of Annotators or Analysis Engines)
3) Consumer

And a CollectionProcessingEngine config descriptor that describes the above for the CPE engine.
 Usually saved as xml config files.
Some more info:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+3.1+User+Install+Guide#cTAKES3.1UserInstallGuide-CollectionProcessingEngine(CPE)

If you're looking to use cTAKES as lib and wire up the pipeline programmatically, you may
also want to check out the example main class at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/trunk/ctakes-clinical-pipeline/src/main/java/org/apache/ctakes/clinicalpipeline/ClinicalPipelineFactory.java

--Pei