ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Explict version numbers instead of ranges in pom.xml
Date Fri, 02 May 2014 16:26:06 GMT
Hi,
Are there any opposition to using explicitly dependency version numbers?
Occasionally, I would get errors like the below:
Failed to collect dependencies at junit:junit:jar:[4.10,4.10]
Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.resolution.VersionRangeResolutionException: No versions available
for junit:junit:jar:[4.10,4.10] within specified range

In principle, I think it's nice to have explicit behavior otherwise, it can be hard to reproduce
errors if we allow version ranges....
There were only 3 places in the pom.xml that allowed ranges, so I was planning to update those
unless anyone has strong objections to it...

--Pei