ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Finan, Sean" <Sean.Fi...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Explict version numbers instead of ranges in pom.xml
Date Fri, 02 May 2014 16:32:02 GMT
+1
> so I was planning to update

-----Original Message-----
From: Chen, Pei [mailto:Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu]
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2014 12:27 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Explict version numbers instead of ranges in pom.xml

Hi,
Are there any opposition to using explicitly dependency version numbers?
Occasionally, I would get errors like the below:
Failed to collect dependencies at junit:junit:jar:[4.10,4.10] Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.resolution.VersionRangeResolutionException:
No versions available for junit:junit:jar:[4.10,4.10] within specified range

In principle, I think it's nice to have explicit behavior otherwise, it can be hard to reproduce
errors if we allow version ranges....
There were only 3 places in the pom.xml that allowed ranges, so I was planning to update those
unless anyone has strong objections to it...

--Pei