ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Pei Chen <chen...@apache.org>
Subject Apache cTAKES Example Application?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 16:37:02 GMT
We spent some time in the past to make it easier for users to launch the
CVD/CPE.
But based on the questions/discussions, I think we are passed this stage
and a very common use case would be for developers to use cTAKES as a lib,
extend a class or two and then, embed it into their existing app.

I am proposing a ctakes-web-demo for the sandbox,
A simple webapp- war/maven pom.xml that uses the ctakes as a dependency.
 Have a simple servlet that wires up a pipeline (uimaFIT style), and then
dump the CAS as html table.  We could even host it on:
https://demo-ctakes.apache.org/

It will probably only be a few lines of code, but it may be a good starting
point for developers who are more interested in using it as a lib and not
necessarily modifying ctakes code.

What do folks think?

--Pei