ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From digital paula <cybersat...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [DRAFT] [REPORT] Apache cTAKES Mar 2014
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2014 15:44:09 GMT
Thank you so much Pei for this update on what's going on with latest development with cTAKES.
  I've been away for a while and trying to get back up to speed  and your summary below saved
a lot of time sifting through emails.

Getting back into the program, I'm starting with understanding ytex and came across this which
is very helpful:

https://code.google.com/p/ytex/

Regards,
Paula

> From: Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu
> To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
> Subject: [DRAFT] [REPORT] Apache cTAKES Mar 2014
> Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 15:03:04 +0000
>
> Feel Free to add/edit (due 3/12/14)
>
> ----
>
> Apache cTAKES (clinical Text Analysis and Knowledge Extraction System) is a natural language
processing (NLP) tool for information extraction from electronic medical record clinical free-text.

> Issues:
>
> There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
>

> Releases:
>
> - ctakes-3.0.0-incubating on 2013-02-22
>
> - ctakes-3.1.0 on 2013-08-30
>
> - ctakes-3.1.1 on 2013-12-05
>

> Development:
>
> The committee is actively working and planning for the future release Some of the planned
code changes for the upcoming release includes:

> - YTEX (Yale Extensions for Apache cTAKES) has been committed to sandbox.
>
> Key features include storing annotations into an relational db, exporting annotation
to data mining toolkits (WEKA, R, Matlab, etc.).

> - New faster dictionary lookup component has been committed to sandbox
>
> - New temporal relations component in progress
>
> - Various bug fixes and code enhancements tracked by Jira
>

> Community:
>
> Last Committers/PMC:
>
> Murali Nagendranath (2013-10-21)
>
> Vijay Garla (2013-11-16)
>
> dev mailing list subscribers count: 103 (+9 since last report) user mailing list subscribers
count: 91 (+10 since last report)